top of page

Borouge is a leading petrochemical company that provides innovative and differentiated polyolefin solutions for the infrastructure, energy, mobility, healthcare, agriculture and advanced packaging industries. With a legacy of success spanning 25 years, Borouge is listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange since 2022, and became the Middle East’s largest-ever petrochemical listing. In 2001, Borouge began production and increased its capacity by tenfold, from 2001 to 2022 to reach 5 million tonnes per year. Established as a strategic partnership between ADNOC Group and Austria based, Borealis, Borouge operates one of the world’s largest integrated polyolefin complexes in Al Ruways Industrial City. As a responsible petrochemicals company, Borouge is committed to pursuing excellence and innovation with a strong focus on sustainability in its operations, the end-use applications of its solutions and initiatives.

Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and sustainable polyolefin solutions. In Europe, Borealis is also an innovative leader in polyolefins recycling and a major producer of base chemicals. We leverage our polymer expertise and decades of experience to offer value-adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries such as consumer products, energy, healthcare, infrastructure and mobility.

With operations in over 120 countries and head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs around 6,000 people. In 2022, we generated a net profit of EUR 2.1 billion. OMV, the Austria-based international energy, fuels & feedstock and chemicals & materials company, owns 75% of our shares. The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), owns the remaining 25%. In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, we build on our commitment to safety, our people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. We are accelerating the transformation to a circular economy of polyolefins and expanding our geographical footprint to better serve our customers around the globe. Our operations are augmented by two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the US).

bottom of page